NEWS FLASH: Do you know of an organization or group (including your own) that has been involved in Education in Rainier Beach? Help us update our information on the progress and challenges related to these priorities over the past year. Information you provide will help inform the next Town Hall Meeting in January, where we will set priorities for 2010. Just enter your observations as a comment at the end of this page. Thanks!
See most recent updates here.
Overall Goal – RB Coalition seeks to assist residents – children, youth and adults – in improving access to quality academic and vocational training opportunities designed to enhance academic achievement and the employability and self sufficiency of RB residents.
2009 and Beyond – Priorities identified at 2009 Town Hall Meeting
To help monitor and track throughout the year click here and enter any activity in Rainier Beach that is responses to these priorities
1. Have accountability for increasing academic achievement
2. Southeast Education Initiative accountability/sustainability (Keep the $)
3. Mobilize community for student success
Education projects to keep our eyes and ears on
* Southeast Seattle Initiative (Seattle Public Schools, RBHS, A. Kurose MS)
* South Lake High School (Seattle Public Schools)
* The New School (Seattle Public Schools)
* Rainier Beach 2014 Neighborhood Plan Community Education: The Building Blocks of the Future – one of the three plan cornerstones (RB2014 Stewardship Group)
* Community Engagement Task Force (Alliance for Education)
* Annual Back2School Bash, Distribute of school supplies (RBCEC)
* Rainier Beach High School – Reader Board (Seattle Public Schools, City of Seattle)