NEWS FLASH: Do you know of an organization or group (including your own) that has been involved in Transportation in Rainier Beach? Help us update our information on the progress and challenges related to these priorities over the past year. Information you provide will help inform the next Town Hall Meeting in January, where we will set priorities for 2010. Just enter your observations as a comment at the end of this page. Thanks!
See most recent updates here.
RB Coalition seeks to ensure community transportation improvements are compatible with the environment, facilitate citizen access, and provide space for a pedestrian boulevard accommodating bicyclists, walkers, and transit riders per Rainier Beach 2014 Plan
2009 and Beyond – Priorities identified at 2009 Town Hall Meeting
To help monitor and track throughout the year click here and enter any activity in Rainier Beach that is responses to these priorities
1. Develop and implement a strategy to develop a core of people who steward transportation issues in Rainier Beach
2. Connect all transportation modes together – walking, biking, bus, light rail
3. Develop marketing pieces to help people learn systems easier and faster as well as to make systems safer e.g., “I support safe transportation” patch/sticker
Transportation projects to keep our eyes and ears on
* Southeast Transportation Study (SDOT)
* Link Light Rail (Sound Transit)
* City Streets Parking Plans near Link Light Rail station (SDOT)
* Roundabout on 51st/Renton/Roxbury (SDOT)
* Rainier Beach 2014 Neighborhood Plan, Henderson Street: Building a Better Boulevard – one of the three plan cornerstones (SDOT)
* Metro Bus Re-routing Plans (King County Metro)