The summit is for Black, Latino and Asian Pacific Islander young men (particularly high school and college). It’s a free, all day conference that will be very empowering, inspiring and uplifting for our community. We are having keynote speakers and workshops from both locally and nationally.
The Summit is to help inspire and encourage our young Black and Brown men to:
- Recognize and Critique social structures that they are faced with in Education
- Highlight their options and achievements in spite of the obstacles they may face
- Contextualize their self-identity socially, culturally, historically, and politically
- Internalize a sense of self and self-value
- Event: Black & Brown Summit
- Date: Saturday, April 23
- Time: 8:30am-4:30pm
- Location: Highline Community College
Summit chair is Rashad Norris, firstname.lastname@example.org or (206)878-3710 ext.3939
See attached flyer for more information.