The Beet Box provides free urban gardening education in the Othello community, with the goal of building a stronger and healthier community. Our classes are based around Othello Station, primarily in the New Holly Market Garden.
Find more information about The Beet Box at www.beetboxseattle.org
We are looking to fill the following position for 2021:
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (Part-time)
The Beet Box is looking for a marketing & communications assistant to help us advertise our classes and events to the local community. The ideal candidate is organized, professional, team-oriented, and shares our interest in healthy food, gardening, and community building.
Tasks shall include:
- Creating eye-catching event flyers using Adobe Illustrator, Canva, or a similar graphic
- Management and content creation for our Facebook and Instagram pages
- Updating our webpage and community calendar of events
- Distributing & posting flyers around the Othello neighborhood
- Assist in managing our volunteer and mailing lists
Application Deadline: February 20, 2021
This is a part-time position requiring 8 hours/week. Flexible schedule & remote work.
Pay is $25/hr (W9 employee)
Priority to BIPOC residents of the Rainier Valley, specifically the Othello Neighborhood.
Position starts February/March 2021
If you are interested in this position, please send an email with “Marketing Assistant” included in the title to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- A short cover letter describing why you are a good fit for this position
- A resume outlining prior related experience