As a young nonprofit in a phase of rapid growth, we are seeking an experienced consultant to accomplish the comprehensive development needs of our organization, on a part-time basis of approximately 10-20 hours a week. This individual will establish and lead our fundraising efforts across a broad range of initiatives. We seek someone who believes in our mission and who wants to become part of the Africatown Community Land Trust team for the long-term and help us preserve and develop the African American and African diaspora community grow and thrive in place.
The Development Consultant has primary responsibility for developing and coordinating all aspects of fundraising. Working closely with the CEO, fund development team, strategic partners and the board of directors, the consultant coordinates existing philanthropy efforts through individual giving, donor events, major gift solicitation, and corporate/foundation/government grant cultivation. Emphasis will also be placed on agency marketing and public relations such as communications, publications, special events and media relations.
Responsibilities: Fund Development
● Develop and implement Africtown CLT’s capital fundraising plan and capital campaign to meet each year's fundraising goals.
● Work with the CEO to facilitate gift solicitations and grant cultivation.
● Work with strategic partners to identify and pursue collaborative fundraising
● Support the board in their fundraising efforts.
● Write and produce donor solicitations, acknowledgements and funder reports.
● Create donor communication materials in print and online.
● Set up and manage donor database and other tools to track pledges and gifts, as
well as grant commitments. This includes data entry and report generation on a
● Interface with the accounting department to reconcile donor data.
● Cultivate relationships with individual donors and other current/potential funders
to meet annual goals. This includes phone contact and in-person meetings to
deepen donor relationships.
● Coordinate logistics for fundraising events utilizing staff and volunteers.
● Attend functions and activities as directed.
● Establish and maintain agency database and mailing lists and ensure the integrity of the data.
● Manage agency marketing and public relations including updating website/social media periodically with current information and announcements and responding to media requests.
● Coordinate the collection of client stories between staff and clients.
● Collaborate with external fundraising professionals.
● Other duties as assigned.
● 3-5 years experience fundraising, sponsorship solicitation and/or strategic partnerships
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Experience with donor databases and event management software, preferably
Little Green Light, or the ability and facility to learn quickly
● Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work closely with senior
consultants, agency staff, and volunteers
● Strong time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to
prioritize responsibilities effectively
● Comfort working autonomously and as part of a team, as well as the ability to
work varied hours, including nights and weekends as necessary.
● Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
● Valid Driver’s License
● Reliable transportation – some driving will be required for work
Those interested in applying to this position should send a resume and cover letter to K. Wyking Garrett: email@example.com. Open until filled. No calls.