As a young nonprofit in a phase of rapid growth, we are seeking an experienced professional to design and implement administrative support and organizational operation infrastructure. We seek someone who believes in our mission and who wants to become part of the Africatown Community Land Trust team for the long-term and help us preserve and develop the African American and African diaspora community grow and thrive in place.
Job Summary : The primary purpose of this position is to provide advanced, diversified and confidential administrative and operational support to the CEO for organizational development. The position requires integrity, initiative, self-direction, and flexibility, grace under pressure, diplomacy, ingenuity, and the ability to get along with diverse groups of people within the public and organization. The ideal candidate will have exceptional verbal and written skills; be extremely personable, and customer-service oriented, as well as adaptable to re-arranging schedules as needed and working in different environments/locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
● Develop and implement systems to: o Manage and maintain CEO calendars, scheduling and files o Assist CEO with planning for staff meetings and board events o Assist in the preparation of agendas, presentations, and notices for board meetings o Take accurate minutes of board and executive committee meetings o Analyze monthly variance reports, process invoice payments and submit expense
reports. o Maintain the donor database ensuring accuracy and timely acknowledgement of
donations. o Manage agency marketing and public relations including updating website/social
media periodically with current information and announcements and responding to
media requests. o Receive calls and greet visitors; provide necessary information and handle issues
that often require sensitivity and the use of sound, independent judgment o Establish and maintain professional working relationships with community leaders,
elected officials, the public and others encountered during the course of work o Work with CEO and appropriate board members, staff and/or consultants to develop
plans based on organizational projects, relationships and contractual agreements. ● Support fund development and revenue generating efforts
● Share in knowledge dissemination, reporting, and communications
● Attend functions and activities as directed
● Other duties as assigned.
● 3 years’ experience in a direct support role to senior leadership
● Valid Washington State driver’s license and own or have regular access to an insured
● 2 years’ experience with board support; minute taking
● Experience coordinating logistics for committees, task forces and/or events
● Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
and Outlook) and technologically savvy
● Must be able to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment
● Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse personalities, cultures and
● Ability to work independently and with precise judgment in wide array of situations
● Ability to follow instructions accurately, work under supervision and to problem solve
● Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines; manage competing priorities; and maintain high
standards for accuracy and productivity
● Strong organizational skills, problem solving and ability to compose correspondence and
● Has demonstrated a high level of confidentiality, independent judgment, tact and sensitivity
in difficult situations
Those interested in applying to this position should send a resume and cover letter to K. Wyking Garrett: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled. No calls.