Under the supervision of the RBAC ABSPY Coordinator, represent Rainier Beach Action Coalition in its efforts to provide interventions aimed directly at the place-based risk factors that impact youth crime in five neighborhood engagement point (NEB’s) locations. OW will be responsible for overseeing youth and neighborhood engagement activities including coordinating, planning and implementing RBAC events and recruiting youth and community members to engage in RBAC activities e.g., Corner Greeters, Back2School Bash, RB Town Halls, Mobile Discovery Center deployment and other neighborhood building activities. In addition, case-manage a team of 3-5 youth engagement workers, and support Mobile Discovery Center Coordinator where needed.
- Participate at a high level in event implementation, booth management, team building, use of social media tools and academic support
- Targeted audiences – Rainier Beach residents, businesses, service provider staff and clientele
- Contribute to place based youth crime reduction
- Up to 35 Corner Greeters events
- At least 3 social media posts/week and 10 stakeholders added to FreedomNet network
- Improved well-being of YEW workers on team
- 20 surveys from youth and adults stating that the neighborhood is safer
- Increase the number of neighborhood building or improvement projects in which youth participate in partnership with community organizations.
- Increase the number of neighborhood building or improvement projects in which youth provide leadership and development support.
- Increase in youth participation in structured activities after-school hours
- Increase of youth observing personal safety practices and reporting of criminal activity
- Increase in trust between youth and police (SPD)
- Increased youth knowledge of local neighborhood issues and likelihood youth will engage in civic and other activities that promote the common good
High school diploma or GED
Some experience in community outreach and engagement preferred.