Classification: 0.5 FTE (20 hours/week); Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Programs
Salary: $20 per hour
Start Date: Spring 2020
About South Seattle Women’s Health Foundation The South Seattle Women’s Health Foundation is dedicated to creating spaces for high quality, individualized perinatal and aligned healthcare, education, and support for families living in typically underserved communities through the vehicle of community-based clinics. Foundational work includes increasing capacity within the community for jobs in the healthcare industry for local women, especially those of color and immigrant women. We were founded in 2015 and are a 501c3 non-profit organization. We use global strategies that are proven to reduce costs and improve the quality of care. We teach life skills, health, childbirth and parenting education classes in clinic and in the community to promote healthcare navigation skills and use of community resources and partners to achieve optimal well-being.
Rainier Valley Midwives (RVM) is our midwifery clinic dedicated to providing comprehensive perinatal care in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. Our clinic provides wrap around midwifery services, childbirth educators, doulas, lactation experts, and other perinatal professionals.
Program Coordinator Role: This is an essential role that will report to our Director of Programs. Specifically, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and coordinating our Birth Bundle Project program. This program is funded by King County’s Best Starts For Kids (BSK) and provides dedicated perinatal providers and services for every client with the goal of providing customized education, access, and support to meet the needs of the families and communities we serve. This goal of this program is to provide comprehensive wrap-around care for clients, ensuring each client receives access to clinic visits with midwives and/or physicians, birth and postpartum doula support, and lactation education.
In this role, you will communicate with patients, providers, and community members, help ensure grant compliance, participate in working with county representatives, support the workflow of administrative staff and clinical providers, and contribute to the collection and evaluation of data. This position provides independent and high-level confidential programmatic and administrative support and you’ll be a communication hub for team members and external audiences. Success in this position comes from the ability to track and execute a high volume of tasks with precision.
The ideal candidate will prioritize customer service, be comfortable speaking with pregnant clients, and have a positive, encouraging disposition. You will also be detail-oriented, accountable, and comfortable working independently. This position has long term potential growth within the organization for the right person. If you are savvy, resourceful and a go-getter, please apply!
This is a part-time role located at our clinic in South Seattle.
Primary Responsibilities Coordinate Birth Bundle Project: Doulas
● Manage a team of contracted doulas;
○ Conduct monthly check-ins
○ Create and maintain doula availability calendar
○ Schedule and facilitate meetings and ensure action items are assigned and completed
○ Identify, share-out, and host training opportunities for doulas
● Coordinate doula-client matching processes, including:
○ Conducting intake questionnaires with clients;
○ Pairing clients with doulas;
● Create and maintain processes for efficiently tracking the doula program.
● Recruit prenatal and postpartum doulas, ensuring accreditation and appropriate hiring policies are adhered to.
● Develop doula mentoring program, including onboarding and site-specific training. Ensure Grant Compliance
● Work with our clinical providers to ensure all clients receive all components of the Birth Bundle.
● Oversee flow of Birth Bundle forms and surveys, including:
○ Manage program database and data collection;
○ Coordinate client enrollment and progress throughout the program;
○ Track survey completion;
○ Compile survey data for use by data collection agency, clinic staff, and board members.
○ Training sessions and events for providers and collaborative partners;
○ Collaborations between RVM and community partners;
○ Communications and meetings with contracted services;
● Complete quarterly reports as required by our funder.
● Schedule and attend BSK meetings with clinic staff, program directors, partners, providers, and funders.
● Support accounting processes by routing payments and receipts.
● Manage information sharing and smooth day-to-day operations by maintaining calendars and filing systems, updating client information and contact lists, and creating content or announcements.
● Look for opportunities to standardize common tasks and build systems, assuring that processes spread among multiple individuals are completed with a high degree of accuracy and on time.
● Create, distribute, and follow through with assigned tasks.
● Proof-read documents for grammar, style, and content, including grant applications, email communications, internal policies, etc.
● Meet with Director of Programs weekly and attend staff meetings.
● Other assigned tasks as necessary. Requirements
● 1-2 years related work experience in program coordination, public health, or a related field.
● Experience serving diverse clients from different communities, backgrounds, races, and religions.
● Detail oriented and incredibly organized.
● A strong commitment to integrity, professionalism and customer service.
● Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
● Demonstrated technology and computer skills, i.e. proficient with MS Office products including Word and Excel, Google Docs and Google Sheets, Zoom, etc.
● Highly skilled in organizing electronic files and folders, and improving efficiency.
● Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
● Ability to travel to locations in South Seattle, Renton, and Beacon Hill for work and meetings.
● Effective time management skills.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary/rate for this position is $20 per hour. RVCC provides a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage paid by the employer. Paid holidays and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are also included.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Rainier Valley Midwives is an affirming, positive, diverse work environment. Rainier Valley Midwives provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.