We are passing on this opportunity from Community & Parents for Public Schools (CPPS) of Seattle:
Parent leaders are…
- People who will help define what quality neighborhood schools in southeast Seattle should look like
- Public School parents, grandparents and community members committed to the success of all students in their neighborhood schools
- Collaborators who will work with school staff and community to both challenge their schools and celebrate their successes
- Community communicators willing to share information about school programs and achievement expectations
- Southend parents who see the power in bringing others along
If this sounds like you — it’s time to sign up!! We are registering parents in all SE Seattle elementaries, middle schools and K-8s; If you’re a preschool or high school parent or community member in the area, you may be eligible as well.
Trainees commit to two days, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm — either May 7-8 or May 20-21, and earn a leadership stipend of $75 per day; childcare and refreshments will be provided.
For more information or to apply, contact Project Director, Amber Banks (310) 430-5068
CPPS is a local, grassroots network of parents and community members working together to support and advocate for excellent public schools in our communities, and at the district, city and state levels.