You are invited to a Public Forum and Inauguration of the Seattle Transit Riders Union on Tuesday, November 15th, 6-8 pm .
President of the Seattle Martin Luther King County branch of the NAACP
Why do we need a Transit Riders Union?
• Deep bus service cuts were only narrowly avoided in King County…
• Public transit is under attack in cities across the country…
• Unemployment is rising and social services are shrinking…
• The planet is warming and natural resources are dwindling…
• The global economy is in crisis…
As individuals we feel helpless to do anything, because alone we are helpless. But what can we accomplish when we organize, when we stand up together? The new Transit Riders Union intends to find out.
Join us on November 15th for a discussion of the fate of public transit in Seattle and beyond. We will talk about the Transit Riders Union’s plans for the future, and announce our upcoming campaign. Short presentations by a panel of speakers will be followed by open discussion. Light refreshments will be provided.
The 2100 Building
2100 24th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144
The 2100 Building is wheelchair accessible, and is served by the 4, 7, 8, 34, and 48 buses. It’s about half a mile from the Mt Baker light rail station. RSVP not necessary, but if you’re sure you’ll be there and can let us know, that will help us to plan. Email email@example.com , or call (206) 651-4282.