At Girl Scouts we know that given the opportunity, every girl can become a leader with the courage to act on her values, develop the ability to make clear decisions, and acquire the self-confidence to make a difference in the world around her. Girl Scouts helps girls grow courageous and strong through girl-driven programs, reflecting the ever-changing needs and interests of girls.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington (www.GirlScoutsWW.org) is currently seeking an enthusiastic, individual that knows how to facilitate fun, hands-on science workshops for girls in grades K-8. This individual will travel in Western Washington to set-up, facilitate and clean-up workshops. They will also assist with the occasional large-scale science events at area museum days, engineering events and science overnights. This is an ideal job for those interested in informal science education, youth work/teaching, science, or just helping girls grow strong! The schedule is flexible, primarily nights and weekends, between October and June 2013. Mileage is reimbursed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to HeidiAL@girlscoutsww.org and indicate in the subject line the job title, your last name and where you saw this posting.
· Facilitate fun, hands-on science workshops for girls in grades K – 8.
· Travel in Western Washington to facilitate, set-up and clean-up workshops.
· Assist with large-scale science events such as museum days, engineering events and science overnights.
· Prepare workshop materials and provide some assistance with curriculum development.
· High school diploma/equivalent and at least 18 years of age.
· Three years college study or equivalent life/work experience working with youth; background in science or education desired.
· Demonstrated passion for science and working with girls.
· Specific science topic knowledge not required, but a willingness to learn is.
· Skill and experience in working with children.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills (in English) and strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated experience working with a variety of racial and ethnic groups strongly preferred.
· Availability to work varied hours (primarily nights/weekends).
· Able to lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license, vehicle in working condition, proof of insurance or the ability to fulfill timely travel requirements across widespread regional geography.
· Maintain membership in Girl Scouts of the United States of America
· Satisfactory results from criminal background search
Please see Girls Scout web site for more information
Human Resources Assistant
Girl Scouts of Western Washington
601 Valley Street Seattle WA 98109
Direct: 206-826-2198 Main: 206-633-5600 ext. 271
Fax: 206-633-5099 Toll Free: 800-767-6845 ext. 271