The Seattle Farm Co-op is looking for a part-time warehouse employee for our new warehouse location in Rainier Beach. We are looking for someone who can work every other weekend, every Friday, and a few Thursdays a month as needed, for a total of approximately 64 hours per month. Hours may increase with growth of business.
About the Seattle Farm Co-op: The Seattle Farm Co-op is a community-based project supplying urban farmers in the Seattle area.
We focus on obtaining supplies to support urban farmers like animal feed, straw, hay, bedding, bulk supplements, and seeds, from local & sustainable sources, and save money through cooperative purchasing. We are a cooperative business registered in the State of Washington.
Thursdays: 11:30 am-7:30 pm (every other Thursday with weekend off) Friday, Saturday Sunday: 9:30 am-4:30 pm (every other weekend off)
Duties (shared between two employees):
Split hours between two employees working every other weekend or one weekend off per month and every Friday. Cover for other employee on Thursdays once a month. More hours may come with growth of business.
Act as main point of contact for warehouse sales volunteers. This includes:
- Scheduling –schedule all warehouse sales volunteers. Goal is for volunteers to complete a minimum of 2 shifts per month.
- Training –responsible for training new sales volunteers to work at the warehouse. Training includes basic competencies with QuickBooks and knowledge of SFC products and warehouse sales policies.
- Organize/display merchandise appropriately. Restock bulk bins and sweep at end of each shift.
- Receive inventory and enter into QuickBooks the cost and sales pricing according to established procedures.
- Provide signs/pricing as needed on items in warehouse.
- Enter new memberships into QuickBooks and excel spreadsheet.
- Accept deliveries of product (some extra hours might be required).
- Provide daily shift report to the Co-op Board. and warehouse volunteers.
- Other related duties as requested by Co-op Board.
- Auditing entries (bills, items/services, et cetera) in Quickbooks, resolving issues as necessary.
- Perform quarterly reconciliations of customer balances and credits.
- Deposit sales revenue regularly and log deposits/receipts.
- Maintaining a safe and clean co-op for customers and volunteers alike.
- Attend one monthly Board meeting.
- Communicate with vendors, customers, and community members (act as liaison).
- Sourcing hay, straw burlap and chaff.
Knowledgeable about urban farming, gardening/agriculture and livestock.
- Regularly lift between 40-50 pounds (occasionally up to 70 pounds).
- Bending, squatting, stooping, climbing, and lifting overhead.
- Assisting with unloading deliveries (repetitive heavy lifting).
- Self-motivated & Self-directed – This position will not have direct supervision during shifts, but will report to the Co-op Board.
- Retail sales experience (knowledge of QuickBooks would be helpful, but we are also willing to train).
- Enthusiastic about helping grow this Co-op and supporting the local urban agriculture community (must be willing to become a Seattle Farm Co-op member!).
Compensation: The starting compensation for this position is $15 per hour. Benefits include warehouse volunteer discount pricing (approx. 18% off retail) on all purchases.
How to apply: Email a pdf format version of your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject heading: Warehouse Position Application.