You are invited to an educational forum co-sponsored by the Friends of Atlantic City Nursery and Seattle Parks and Recreation Department on Urban Farming on Saturday, August 28th at the Pritchard Beach Bathhouse starting at 10:00 am.
When Mayor McGinn and the Seattle City Council declared this year to be the year of Urban Agriculture many residents in Seattle wondered what this meant and how they could participate in making this a reality. This forum will give you an opportunity to hear from some of those at the fore-front of urban farming in the Pacific Northwest region over the past decade. Please see more information below for more details.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, and please share this information with your friends co-workers and those you know have an interest in urban farming, or are thinking of starting their own vegetable garden in their backyard!
Urban Farming 101
- Date: Saturday, August 28, 2010
- Time: 10:00 – 1:00 pm
- Location: Pritchard Beach Bathhouse, 8400 55th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118
- Cost: Free- light refreshments will be served.
- Andrea Platt Dwyer, Executive Director, Seattle Tilth
- Eddie Hill, Executive Director, Creative4Community
- Jill Kuehler, Executive Director, Zenger Farm, Portland, OR.
More details on speakers: Urban Farming 101-Speakers.
For More Information:
Friends of Atlantic City Nursery – (206) 276 1472 – email@example.com