Young Executives of Color (YEOC) – is a high school mentorship Saturday program for high school students of color. In 2009-10, 110 students from over 45 high schools throughout the Puget Sound area participated. Students participate in YEOC free of charge. Program funded by Ernst & Young.
YEOC Program Overview:
- Business curriculum that includes: Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Ethics, Finance, International Business, Marketing.
- A wide range of college preparatory topics include: college readiness, financial aid, scholarships, and SAT preparation.
- The Young Executives participate in an “Apprentice” style competition and a business case competition.
- Each month, speakers from the business world share their experiences with our students.
- Each YEOC participant is assigned a Foster School of Business mentor.
We ask that you help spread the word to high school students from underrepresented populations (African Americans, Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders, Latinos and Native Americans). Please encourage students to apply as soon as possible. Space is limited, priority will be given to high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors with above a 3.0 GPA.
For more information about the Young Executives of Color (YEOC) and to download the application, see Young Executives of Color page on the Foster School of Business Web site.
The YEOC priority application deadline is May 31, 2010.
Thank you in advance for sharing this valuable opportunity with students!
For more information, contact Pamela Lacson, YEOC Program Director (Phone: 206.221.0279; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)