Position Announcement – Market Relations Manager A program of Global to Local (G2L), the Food Innovation Network (FIN) enhances the local food system, increases access to healthy foods, and supports local food businesses in the diverse communities of SeaTac/Tukwila and South King County. FIN’s Incubator provides businesses resources and assistance including access to Spice Bridge, a food hall with a shared use commercial kitchen. Our goal is to support entrepreneurs, primarily women, immigrants and people from communities of color, in launching financially stable businesses by providing: (1) affordable access to a commercial kitchen; (2) food industry technical assistance designed to improve their business operations, marketing and ability to scale and (3) access to new market opportunities.
About the Job
The Market Relations Manager is responsible for
cultivating partnerships and development of market and
sales channels for Incubator businesses. This position
manages the development and coordination of off-site
sales (outside of Spice Bridge) such as farmers markets,
pop-ups, and new satellite vending locations anticipated
to open in 2022. The position works closely with the
Program Director and Incubator Program Manager and
assists the FIN team with fundraising, special events and
communication/marketing efforts. This position will also
work closely with Incubator program participants in supporting their business growth and overseeing their operations at off-site sales locations.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, develop and foster market and sales channel connections (food service, packaged foods, etc.) for Incubator participants in order for the businesses to scale and graduate from the program and Spice Bridge space.
- Cultivate partnerships and facilitate Spice Bridge 'satellite' retail markets or kiosk locations for Incubator participants to operate out of.
- Cultivate relationships with venue and market managers, buyers, and other food industry partners to support the Incubator program and participants.
- Manage off-site locations (potential satellite locations, Spice Bridge booth at farmers markets, special events and pop-ups) including vendor schedule, compliance with state and local laws, set-up, and other site requirements.
- Identify and develop trainings for Incubator participants.
- Support Incubator participants in seeking and negotiating their future location/facility and identifying capital needs and resources.
- Track and report program activities and outcomes including individual business level. • Work with FIN team to support fundraising, communications/marketing, and community outreach efforts.
Who We’re Looking For
Global to Local is dedicated to an equitable hiring process and recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. As such, we encourage qualified candidate to apply regardless of formal or informal education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food industry or food systems work, including experience working with food businesses, sales and distribution/sourcing.
- Knowledge of best practices related to business planning and development for food businesses. Knowledge of permitting, licensing, and compliance requirements for King County.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people of all different backgrounds and professional levels.
- Medium level proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). • South King County residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual salary of $56,000- $66,000. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with 100% of the premium for employees covered by G2L. • Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance provided at no cost to employees. • IRA retirement saving program with $1:$1 company match up to 3% of your annual earnings and immediate vesting.
- 11 scheduled paid holidays and 2 paid personal days per year. PTO (combined bank of sick and vacation leave) starting at 20 days per year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk and hear. This job is rated for Medium work, requiring the ability to lift or move up to 25 lbs. on occasion. Close visual acuity to perform activities such as reading and viewing a computer terminal are required. This position requires frequent travel within South King County.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://g2l.applytojob.com/. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and this position will be open until filled. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Global to Local does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, marital status, military status, status as a veteran, or any other class protected by law. Assistance and/or reasonable accommodation during the application process is available to individuals with disabilities upon request by contacting us at email@example.com or 206-359-0536. No applicant will be penalized during the hiring process for making a request for assistance or accommodation.