See most recent updates here.
An environment that supports children, families and the community. This includes issues surrounding our safety, our cleanliness and our health.
RBCEC seeks to support the community in the preservation and improvement of natural and manmade open spaces and parks; and the management of environmental impacts to the community.
- Urban Farms and Wetlands Project (integration)
- Green jobs for youth – Got Green (weatherization), Energy Efficient Outreach Program (energy audits of businesses)
- Rainier Beach Community Center Walking map
- Rainier Beach Learning Garden
- Mapes Creek Clean up
- Community Coalition for Environmental Justice No Idling Campaign
- Ensuring social/political intersections and integration of the environment oriented activity in Rainier Beach
Other Projects to Watch
- Urban Wilderness Project, 206.464.8364,
- Got Green, 206.290.5136,
- Bridge to Beach Makeover, April 24, 206.322.6134
- Spring Clean (SPU), April 1, Community wide, 206.233.7187
- Natural Yard Care Classes, April 21, May 5, May 19, Emerson Elementary, 206.633.0224 (sign up by April 4th)
- Seward Park Environmental and Audubon Center, 206.652.2444. email@example.com
- Chinook Beach Park Salmon Recovery Plan, 684.7048, firstname.lastname@example.org