NEWS FLASH: Do you know of an organization or group (including your own) that has been involved in Public Safety in Rainier Beach? Help us update our information on the progress and challenges related to these priorities over the past year. Information you provide will help inform the next Town Hall Meeting in January, where we will set priorities for 2010. Just enter your observations as a comment at the end of this page. Thanks!
See most recent updates here.
Overall Goal – RB Coalition will join with residents and existing organizations to enhance, expand,
and/or develop programs and activities that ensure a safe and secure community.
2009 and Beyond – Priorities identified at 2009 Town Hall Meeting
To help monitor and track throughout the year click here and enter any activity in Rainier Beach that is responses to these priorities
1. Monitor dense housing development around Light Rail
2. Safety on Metro
3. Education on Youth Culture and Mentoring
4. School Closures
5. Reach out to immigrant and refugee community
6. Funding cuts for drug rehab/mental health
7. Dismantling racism
8. Public/Resident accountability via communication
9. Employment opportunities
10. Police Response time
Public Safety projects to keep our eyes and ears on:
* Southeast Crime Prevention Council (Same)
* Communities Reuniting Rainier Beach (CURB), formerly Clean Dreams (POCAAN)
* Seattle Youth Violence Prevention Initiative (City of Seattle)
* Southeast Rainier Valley Safety Partnerships (Seattle Neighborhood Group other service providers)
* Joint Rainier Beach Neighborhood Block Watch (Same)
Public Safety Partners