Organization: Rainier Beach Action Coalition
Project: Organization Development
Position Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Food Innovation District Strategist
Position Status: Full Time Employee (min. 40hrs/wk)
Compensation: $70,000 - 75,000 per annum + Benefits
The Opportunity/Position Overview:
Rainier Beach Action Coalition is looking for a relationship-centered Development Manager, rooted in our local community. RBAC is in the early stages of building a large campaign. This position will be instrumental in building a base of individual support, managing and executing a development plan, coordinating and participating in grant prospect research and management and engaging in donor database management and communications. The right candidate will be dedicated to promoting a safe Rainier Beach neighborhood - a neighborhood where people thrive and where opportunities and health abound.
RBAC’s Development Manager will work with a highly collaborative team including the Communications Promoter, the Food Justice Program Coordinator, and the Food Innovation District Strategist, as well as other staff and local residents. This position reports to the Food Innovation District Strategist.
RBAC is a place-based Black-led non-profit rooted in and stewarding the Neighborhood Plan. RBAC has had a historical presence in Rainier Beach for nearly 2 decades through signature events and community outreach and empowerment. We seek to build a connected, sustainable and equitable neighborhood promoting the “made in Rainier Beach” concept, quality education, living wage jobs, affordable transportation and housing for all. RBAC promotes a safe place where people thrive in a neighborhood the world calls home.
Deeply rooted in community, this growing organization is projected to have a staff of 42 (including you!) in 2022, and engages residents through year-round activities. Our annual budget is approximately $3.6 million dollars with a significant portion of our budget coming from government and foundation grants.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities:
- Fulfilling the Development Plan: Create and execute the annual fundraising plan, including the expansion of a donor engagement plan, in community-centric ways. Engage and inform relevant staff members around development related deadlines and responsibilities for each project or event
- Grant Research and Coordination: Conduct research on prospective funding partners including foundations, individuals and companies, working with a team to collect and document relevant information. Coordinate grant applications through calendaring and internal organization.
- Foundation Building: Assist in crafting policies and procedures for the development team. Identify gaps and needs in development infrastructure and recommend improvements.
- Impeccable Data Management: This position will be the in-house donor database expert (LGL), in charge of gift entry, acknowledgement and reconciliation, monthly reconciliation with finance, data syncing and data maintenance and clean-up
- Data Reporting: This position will create monthly fundraising dashboards for leadership including the Board of Directors
- Data Tracking: This position will support the gift acknowledgement process, including gift entry, thank you letters, the tracking of donor data including giving trends as well as research and documentation of donor touch points in partnership with their team.
- Work with the communications team on external messaging including announcements and fundraising campaigns in print and digital media.
- Participate in the development and distribution of electronic and print collateral related to fundraising, including website content, mailing, and social media.
Ideal Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated track record in data management and donor databases specifically with previous use Little Green Light
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized, with exceptional project and time management skills. Adept at managing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Clear interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate deadlines and boundaries
- Ability to work, develop strong reciprocal relationships, and communicate effectively and respectfully with a broad range of stakeholders and staff
- Experience working on a capital campaign project
- Experience with a multicultural workforce, people who are diverse in age, race, disability, gender and gender expression is desired. A commitment to social justice and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Experience working with youth in professional development environments
- Strong understanding of and commitment to racial justice and equity
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft and Google products including Google Sheets
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with an anticipated salary range of between $70,000 and $75,000 depending on experience.
RBAC offers a generous employer-paid benefits package, including excellent health, vision and dental plans.
- 23 vacation days per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Access to medical insurance at $40 p/mo with extension to dependents and partners
- Access to dental insurance at $5 p/mo
- 8 weeks maternity/paternity leave
- Access to the transit benefit of an Orca Card for $10 p/mo
RBAC’S operations are currently remote, with the ability to work from our office through health and safety protocols. Our team is located in Seattle, WA. All staff are required to show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
Submitting Your Application
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com
A few tips for writing your cover letter: Don’t just repeat your resume; we’ll read that too. Your cover letter is a chance to connect your past experience with what we’re looking for. Tell us:
- The unique mix of skills and experience you will bring to the role and our team.
- How will you thrive in the role; what have you done in the past that demonstrates you can be successful?
- In this role, how you would contribute to positive change in Rainier Beach?