SEEDArts and the Rainier Beach Merchant’s Association are presenting a series of free outdoor performances by several of Southeast Seattle’s best known groups, on Saturday afternoons, June 12 through August 14, on the plaza in front of the new South Shore School. Summer Arts on the Plaza will feature Southeast Seattle Community Youth Orchestra, South Shore Girls Steel Pan Group, Broadway Bound Children’s Theatre, Global Heat, Rhythms & Rituals, Urban Wilderness Project, and showcases by Northwest Tap Association and Arts in Motion.
WHAT: Summer Arts on the Plaza – free performances on various Saturday afternoons
WHERE: South Shore School Plaza, S. Henderson St. & Rainier Ave. S. (in case of rain, Rainier Beach Community Center, 8825 Rainier Ave. S., next to the Plaza).
WHEN: Saturdays, 2:00 – 4:30pm. June 12, 26, July 10, 24, August 14
- June 12: Southeast Seattle Community Youth Orchestra and South Shore Girls Steel Pan Group
- June 26: Arts in Motion Music Showcase
- July 10: Rituals & Rhythms and Global Heat
- July 24: Northwest Tap Connection Showcase
- August 14: Broadway Bound Children’s Theatre preview of “God Lives in Glass” and Urban Wilderness Project Griots.
For more information see the FaceBook event page.