The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program distributes checks to eligible seniors for fresh fruits and vegetables redeemable at farmers markets throughout Seattle & King County.
You may be eligible to receive $40 worth of checks if you are:
- 60 years or older (55 and over if you are Native American)
- Low income (below $1,669 monthly for 1 person and below $2,246 per month for 2 people)
- King County, Washington resident
How to Apply:
On or after April 15, 2010 and no later than May 28, 2010, print an application off the website:
Or contact one of the following Information & Assistance Programs:
- African American Elders Program 206-328-6840
- Asian Counseling & Referral Service 206-695-7510
- Chinese Information & Service Center 206-624-5633 ext. 4178
- Latino Information & Assistance 206-764-4700
- Mayor’s Office for Senior Citizens 206-684-0500
- Pike Market Senior Center 206-728-2773
- Senior Information & Assistance 206-448-3110
Complete and mail the “Affidavit for Eligibility” form anytime between April 15th 2010 and May 28th 2010.
- Mail to: Seattle Human Services Department
Aging & Disability Services
PO Box 24231
Seattle, WA 98124-0231
The completed form must be postmarked by May 28, 2010 to be eligible.
Your form will be entered into a random selection process as a limited number of checks are available. If your name is selected you will receive your checks by mail by July 10, 2010.
Help get the word out by printing out and distributing this flyer:
Seniors Farmers Market Flyer