by Danielle Jackson
Due to COVID-19, which has caused on-going social distancing restrictions, we are planning an alternate route (DRIVE THRU Back2School Bash distribution) in case of state restrictions are still in place. We also know that because of our current situation the need for supplies may double even triple. So, let’s imagine Rainier Beach with youth who are healthy, happy, full of hope, and prepared for the future. We strongly believe this can be realized through a neighborhood collaboration effort and YOUR support is needed!
It’s not too late to support, here are the various opportunities:
- BECOME A SPONSOR: Share sponsorship levels with neighbors, friends, families, and co-workers (on website)
- GIVE A DONATION: any amount will help toward our goal by clicking here
- VOLUNTEER: Groups, churches, organizations, families, and individuals sign up here for all options
- HOST A BACKPACK DRIVE: Backpack & school supply share
- SHARE: Sponsorship and event FLYER – all flyers and forms are on website
RBAC is a non-profit organization focused on providing educational support for 1,000 Rainier Beach students. Our goal is to raise $25,000.
The purpose of this event is to affirm the greatness within each child and address the social barriers they face to learning. Our goal also is to provide students and families in Rainier Beach with backpacks, school supplies, information from neighborhood and educational resources, food, entertainment, children activities.
On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. the Rainier Beach Action Coalition (RBAC) in collaboration with many partners, residents, volunteers, and dozens of organizations will sponsor the 18th Annual Rainier Beach Back 2 School Bash. WILL YOU JOIN US?
If you need more detail regarding this important neighborhood building effort you can contact me at 206-518-7444. Also, LIKE US ON FACEBOOK