LATE BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT FROM FRIENDS OF ATLANTIC CITY NURSERY!
On Monday, December 6th, the Parks & Green Spaces Levy Citizens Oversight Committee recommended $500,000 funding for the Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands Project, taking this community-led project a step closer to reality!
The Parks & Green Spaces Levy Opportunity Fund received almost 100 project proposal applications and ours was one of the few that made it to the final list of recommended projects. You can find the full list here: 1st_round_final_list.
Next Steps: RFP
The final list of recommended projects has been sent to the acting Parks Superintendent, Christopher Williams for his approval. Following Mr. Williams’ approval, the list will be presented to the Mayor and City Council in January 2011 and we expect the City Council to approve the recommended projects in March 2011.
Parks is putting together a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a Non Profit Operator to operate and manage the urban farm at the site and has announced a tentative schedule for proposals as follows:
- December 10, 2010 Advertisement begins
- December 20, 2010 On-site open house for Interested Parties 2 p.m.
- January 6, 2011 Proposals due by 3:00 p.m.
- January 7 – 19, 2011 RFP Evaluation
- January 20 & 21, 2011 RFP Oral interviews – optional. (Interviews will be used solely for the purpose of seeking clarification of specific points of qualification.)
- January 24, 2011 Final RFP recommendation to Superintendent.
The Friends of Atlantic City Nursery is preparing for and intends to file a response, in partnership with Seattle Tilth to the RFP.
For more information, contact: Peter Masundire