The Parks and Green Spaces Levy Oversight Committee is holding a public hearing tonight on the final list of projects recommended for funding by the Opportunity Fund. Our Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands Project is on the final list! This is our last chance to let the Committee know how wide and deep the support for an urban farm at the former Atlantic City Nursery site is, within the community.
Show your support by:
- Attending the public hearing and signing up to give verbal testimony. Sign-up sheets for speaking at the hearing will be available starting at 6:00.
- Submitting your written testimony in support of the Urban Farm & Wetlands Project for the Committee’s consideration prior to the October 25th meeting. Written testimony can be send in one of three ways:
- By Email to Susan Golub at email@example.com
- By Fax to (206) 233-7023 Attn: Susan Golub
- Event: Parks & Green Spaces Levy Oversight Committee Meeting
- Date: Monday, October 25, 2010
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Location: Miller Community Center (330 19th Ave E, Seattle WA 98112)
The Parks & Green Spaces Levy Opportunity Fund provides funding for community initiated projects. Parks will award up to $7 million to projects in the first funding cycle of the Opportunity Fund which is part of the $146 million Parks and Green Spaces Levy passed by Seattle voters in 2008.
It is critical that the committee hears from you, your voice could make the difference on whether or not, the Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands Project receives a share of this funding from the Parks and Green Spaces Levy Opportunity Fund. Please attend if you can or send your written testimony today!