Communities of Opportunity is joint effort launched by The Seattle Foundation and King County in 2014 to improve health, social, racial, and economic outcomes by focusing on place, and to do so by partnering with communities to shape and own solutions. In the Rainier Valley, four coalitions–Multi-Cultural Center (MCC), On Board Othello (OBO), Rainier Beach Action Coalition (RBAC), and South CORE (SCORE)–are working together to address four areas of improvement: health, housing, economic development, and community connections.
Explore the four coalitions and four result areas through the following map. Results labeled in green represent current project priorities.
Result Area Highlights
COO Rainier Valley Download Library
- COO Project Charts (367 downloads)
- HomeSight Homeownership Co-Operative (Building D), April 2018 (22 downloads)
- HomeSight Opportunity Center (Building A), April 2018 (21 downloads)
- Leading the Transformation of King County (12/2017) (22 downloads)
- Othello Square (21 downloads)
- Othello Square Flyer, April 2018 (19 downloads)
- Othello Square Master Plan, updated April 2018 (22 downloads)
- RV CoO Community Implementation Plan (246 downloads)