Communities of Opportunity is joint effort launched by The Seattle Foundation and King County in 2014 to improve health, social, racial, and economic outcomes by focusing on place, and to do so by partnering with communities to shape and own solutions. In the Rainier Valley, four coalitions–Multi-Cultural Center (MCC), On Board Othello (OBO), Rainier Beach Action Coalition (RBAC), and South CORE (SCORE)–are working together to address four areas of improvement: health, housing, economic development, and community connections.
Coalition Profile Pages
Click on the logo to open the respective profile page.
Recent news from each coalition.
Explore the four coalitions and four result areas through the following map. Results labeled in green represent current project priorities.
Result Area Highlights
Click on each graphic to review the initial action area considerations and community prioritization
COO Rainier Valley Download Library
- Communities-of-Opportunity-–-Rainier-Valley-RFP-.pdf (62 downloads)
- COO Project Charts (461 downloads)
- CoO Retreat Final Report (366 downloads)
- Graham Street: A Community Driven Neighborhood Vision (200 downloads)
- Higher Priority Collective Impact Strategies, July 2016 (84 downloads)
- HomeSight Homeownership Co-Operative (Building D), April 2018 (134 downloads)
- HomeSight Opportunity Center (Building A), April 2018 (156 downloads)
- Leading the Transformation of King County (12/2017) (107 downloads)
- Opportunity Center Early Design Guidance Package (Building A) (updated November 2019) (50 downloads)
- Othello Square (148 downloads)
- Othello Square Flyer, April 2018 (124 downloads)
- Othello Square Master Plan, updated April 2018 (137 downloads)
- RV CoO Community Implementation Plan (337 downloads)
- Youth Engagement Learning Exchange (61 downloads)