Communities of Opportunity is joint effort launched by The Seattle Foundation and King County in 2014 to improve health, social, racial, and economic outcomes by focusing on place, and to do so by partnering with communities to shape and own solutions. In the Rainier Valley, four coalitions–Multi-Cultural Center (MCC), On Board Othello (OBO), Rainier Beach Action Coalition (RBAC), and South CORE (SCORE)–are working together to address four areas of improvement: health, housing, economic development, and community connections.
Coalition Profile Pages
Click on the logo to open the respective profile page.
Recent news from each coalition.
Explore the four coalitions and four result areas through the following map. Results labeled in green represent current project priorities.
Result Area Highlights
Click on each graphic to review the initial action area considerations and community prioritization
COO Rainier Valley Download Library
- Communities-of-Opportunity-–-Rainier-Valley-RFP-.pdf (126 downloads)
- COO Project Charts (529 downloads)
- CoO Retreat Final Report (427 downloads)
- Graham Street: A Community Driven Neighborhood Vision (280 downloads)
- Higher Priority Collective Impact Strategies, July 2016 (135 downloads)
- HomeSight Homeownership Co-Operative (Building D), April 2018 (221 downloads)
- HomeSight Opportunity Center (Building A), April 2018 (253 downloads)
- Leading the Transformation of King County (12/2017) (156 downloads)
- Opportunity Center Early Design Guidance Package (Building A) (updated November 2019) (151 downloads)
- Othello Square (206 downloads)
- Othello Square Flyer, April 2018 (209 downloads)
- Othello Square Master Plan, updated April 2018 (206 downloads)
- RV CoO Community Implementation Plan (399 downloads)
- Youth Engagement Learning Exchange (129 downloads)