Communities of Opportunity is joint effort launched by The Seattle Foundation and King County in 2014 to improve health, social, racial, and economic outcomes by focusing on place, and to do so by partnering with communities to shape and own solutions. In the Rainier Valley, four coalitions–Multi-Cultural Center (MCC), On Board Othello (OBO), Rainier Beach Action Coalition (RBAC), and South CORE (SCORE)–are working together to address four areas of improvement: health, housing, economic development, and community connections.
Coalition Profile Pages
Click on the logo to open the respective profile page.
Recent news from each coalition.
Explore the four coalitions and four result areas through the following map. Results labeled in green represent current project priorities.
Result Area Highlights
Click on each graphic to review the initial action area considerations and community prioritization
COO Rainier Valley Download Library
- Communities-of-Opportunity-–-Rainier-Valley-RFP-.pdf (491 downloads)
- COO Project Charts (999 downloads)
- CoO Retreat Final Report (940 downloads)
- Graham Street: A Community Driven Neighborhood Vision (860 downloads)
- Higher Priority Collective Impact Strategies, July 2016 (481 downloads)
- HomeSight Homeownership Co-Operative (Building D), April 2018 (679 downloads)
- HomeSight Opportunity Center (Building A), April 2018 (744 downloads)
- Leading the Transformation of King County (12/2017) (527 downloads)
- Opportunity Center Early Design Guidance Package (Building A) (updated November 2019) (1034 downloads)
- Othello Square (507 downloads)
- Othello Square Flyer, April 2018 (640 downloads)
- Othello Square Master Plan, updated April 2018 (774 downloads)
- RV CoO Community Implementation Plan (909 downloads)
- Youth Engagement Learning Exchange (487 downloads)